Saturday, June 12, 2010

When Bubbles Burst

In the light of the sun, is there anyone? Oh it has begun...
Oh dear you look so lost, eyes are red and tears are shed,
This world you must've crossed... you said...

You don't know me, you don't even care,
She said
You don't know me, and you don't wear my chains...

Yes, in the light of your blackhole sun. There you are. Giddily watching the rainbows all around. In your own soap bubble. Looking through the fingers at the fact that all that is in there is air. The day the pin pricks that’s all that will be left. Air. And memories. Delusions.

Sometimes the soap bubble bursts and in the time that it takes for you to blow a new one to feel safe in, life tells you the truth about what you are. Redundant. Replaceable. Removable. You bring nothing special to the table. In fact, you bring nothing to the table. You’re a nice-to-have. Just a nice-to-have.


Essential yet appealed, carry all your thoughts across
An open field,
When flowers gaze at you... they're not the only ones who cry
When they see you

You thought you had a new life. A new town. A new start. How long was it before you became a social network update, a blip on people’s timelines? That’s all you are…a name in the list of friends. You live on the fringe of their lives and make that place your own…floating from fringe to fringe until that’s what life becomes…mindless floatation. And before long you are left wanting to start all over again. Maybe find a new place. Meaning. For yourself.
 

She said I think I'll go to Boston...
I think I'll start a new life,
I think I'll start it over, where no one knows my name,
I'll get out of California, I'm tired of the weather,
I think I'll get a lover and fly him out to Spain...

It’s tiresome, this running around in circles trying to catch your own tail. Tiresome to end up at the same place no matter how far you run. Away. Towards. Maybe you do need a new town, new people who don’t know your name, a new landscape, a new identity. Another new start. To start making the same mistakes again.


I think I'll go to Boston,
I think that I'm just tired
I think I need a new town, to leave this all behind...
I think I need a sunrise, I'm tired of the sunset,
I hear it's nice in the Summer, some snow would be nice...


Boston by Augustana on Grooveshark

2 Thinkers Pondered:

Priya Iyer said...

I have something for you on my blog. do come over and accept it! :)

numerounity said...

Interesting and simple:)