Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Drive

For someone like me who gets uncomfortable with any uncertainty in life (by in life I mean important stuff like companion, career etc…not absolutely everything…don’t ask me how I took off on a four day unplanned trip to the West Coast…that’s part of being adventurous) I found the perfect song – Drive by Incubus. And fell in love with it…

I found this song being crooned from the microphone at Opus last Wednesday where I landed for a mid-week party…thought I’d do some crazy stuff and get crazy out of my head to see if some sanity returned. I am still unsure of the sanity part but I am glad I went since I found this song there…

This song has kept me going the whole of last week and has been playing over and over on my old faithful W300i. I love the lyrics. I find the song telling me to take charge of my own life…earn whatever I get in life. And it tells me to be ready to welcome what life brings…with open arms and open eyes mind you.

Brandon Boyd’s voice lends an additional appeal to the song and so does the lovely guitar playing right from the start and throughout. In fact when it comes to picking up the pieces, the guitar riff at the beginning of the song makes me want to pick up my guitar, let me fingers bleed and learn to play it…and take it forward from there one step at a time. But this song has been a saviour and I love it for that…hope you like it too.

Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
And I can't help but ask myself how much I let the fear
Take the wheel and steer
It's driven me before
And it seems to have a vague, haunting mass appeal
But lately I'm beginning to find that I
Should be the one behind the wheel

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes yeah

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
I'll be there

So if I decide to waiver my chance to be one of the hive
Will I choose water over wine and hold my own and drive?
It's driven me before
And it seems to be the way that everyone else gets around
But lately I'm beginning to find that
When I drive myself my light is found

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes yeah

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
I'll be there

Would you choose water over wine
Hold the wheel and drive

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes yeah

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
I'll be there

I might be hitting Opus again tonight…might kroak at KroaKing 4 again…might find another song to take me through the next week, handhold me until I can walk again…for now it is Drive that is driving me…

Keep the faith…until the next post then.


Incubus - Drive

1 Thinkers Pondered:

Tigerstone said...

I have heard Drive, but honestly I don't share the same sentiment, it's a little pansy to be honest.

But on those lines, i heard a great song, i didn't pay much attention to the lyrics, I seldon do anyway, but it sounds just right. It's a new song by a band that call themselves the Kings of leon. The song is, Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire - like I said, i didn't attn to the lyrics, but it sounds nice. Except for the title, i don't think there's anything vulgar in the song either