Friday, May 01, 2009

Magnificent

I underestimate the power of Radio sometimes. And I end up underusing it (if there’s any such word). Once every long lost while I remember that I have a Yahoo login and then I sign in to Yahoo Music …to enter a magical world.

So that’s what I have been busy doing this week – listening to Yahoo LaunchCast Radio. It really is one of the best ways to keep up with new music. And I love the Adult Alternative channel (DO NOT get any ideas from the name). It has delighted me this week with songs from artists like Coldplay, Maroon5, Three Doors Down, James Morrison and the likes. Here is a list of songs I loved:

  1. Lover In Japan - Coldplay
  2. Reign Of Love - Coldplay
  3. Her Diamonds - Rob Thomas
  4. Goodnight Goodnight - Maroon 5
  5. Let Me Be Myself - Three Doors Down
  6. Forever You May Run – Gavin Rossdale
  7. Broken Strings – James Morrison
  8. A Little Too Not Over You – David Archuleta

Loved each one of these and I can’t even begin to explain how good and elevated I felt upon hearing these songs. But the crowning glory was a song called Magnificent by U2. It’s from their new album No Line On The Horizon and it has great music and lyrics. Very New Year’s Day feel (another one of my many U2 favourites). Bono’s voice is ringing in my ears as he sings the lines ‘Only love, only love can leave such a mark…But only love, only love can heal such a scar’…beautiful song.

Here’s how Magnificent goes:

Magnificent
Magnificent

I was born
I was born to be with you
In this space and time
After that and ever after I haven't had a clue
Only to break rhyme
This foolishness can leave a heart black and blue

Only love, only love can leave such a mark
But only love, only love can heal such a scar

I was born
I was born to sing for you
I didn’t have a choice but to lift you up
And sing whatever song you wanted me to
I give you back my voice
From the womb my first cry, it was a joyful noise…

Only love, only love can leave such a mark
But only love, only love can heal such a scar

Justified till we die, you and I will magnify
The Magnificent
Magnificent

Only love, only love can leave such a mark
But only love, only love unites our hearts

Justified till we die, you and I will magnify
The Magnificent
Magnificent
Magnificent

So music-wise it has been a great week. Truly the world of music is my go-to at all times. It can pull me out of emotional troughs. It can make me sing and dance and amplify my happiness. It can really lift me up. To me, for creating songs like Magnificent, the world of music itself is Magnificent.

u2 - magnificent

0 Thinkers Pondered: