Thursday, April 16, 2009

Seeing Angels

I have been lucky three times over. I discovered three beautiful songs today. And this one is definitely the most beautiful of them all…for being someone else’s acknowledgement for that fact that things happen for a reason. They happen when they should and not one of them is random. The Universe always has a plan. Even finding the right music is part of that...the songs with the right words. Like this one...
“Why Me?” is a question which is difficult to answer…mainly because it is hard to put into words the surge of emotions one feels sometimes. It is a million different things that cross your mind in one flash and it is impossible to elucidate on them, try to fit them into the limited vocabulary our languages allow us to use. It is “Blink”. One thinks one feels a particular way unaware that the mind has its own reasons. And hence, it is always better to just believe certain things without trying too hard to find the answer to questions that lurk in the rational mind. Questions like ‘Why do I deserve such a visit from the one I thought I’d never meet…?’

Love the lyrics of this one…

Why do I deserve such a visit
From the one I thought I'd never meet.
Beyond my greatest expectations.
You exceeded everything.
Well here I am

Take me for what you see
For I'm transparent in the light of you.
And look inside,
See that fire burning bright
The same one that you rekindled inside me

My mouth was dry
only you quenched my thirst
I thought I was last
You told me I was first.

And I thought I was seeing Angels
And now I know I was.
your wings around me
Feel good they always does.

So there I was
Ain't the same man I used to be
But do you still like what you see in me.

Still see through,
always will be with you.
can you stand to see my vulnerability

For I am frightened
Shed so much I clung onto
The only things I have left is this guitar and you.

Nowhere to run
Been out here too long
Under the sun.
Am I too afraid
To get some.
To afraid to give myself some shade
I hope and pray I do some day.


Thanks to the John Butler Trio for Seeing Angels…
And for showing them to me too…

0 Thinkers Pondered: