Friday, April 17, 2009

Fix You

The song for the moment is Coldplay's Fix You. It has never failed to pull at my heart's strings and I feel like singing this song at this point. What amazes me is that as much as we would all like to believe that our problems and life situations are unique, they aren't. There are many others who have experienced it going by the fact that it is possible to find a song for every emotion you feel and every situation you are in. We are unique in who we are but probably not in what life does to us. Maybe life has very limited capabilities while we don't. And maybe it is possible to find a solution to these situations also then since someone else has definitely experienced them...or at least find the person who can help you deal with the situation. But because we believe/want to believe that our situation is unique, we hesitate to ask. We try and deal with it all by ourselves...alone. It might be painful that way...it might give others pain to see us in pain...but it is the mind that always wins the battle when the trade-off is between vulnerability and protected suffering. All these and more thoughts running through the head at this point...I just hope it does not explode.

When you try your best but you don't succeedWhen you get what you want but not what you needWhen you feel so tired but you can't sleepStuck in reverse.
And the tears come streaming down your faceWhen you lose something you can't replaceWhen you love someone but it goes to wasteCould it be worse?

Lights will guide you homeAnd ignite your bonesAnd I will try to fix you
And high up above or down belowWhen you're too in love to let it goBut if you never try you'll never knowJust what you're worth
Lights will guide you homeAnd ignite your bonesAnd I will try to fix you
Tears stream, down your faceWhen you lose something you cannot replaceTears stream down your face and I...
Tears stream, down on your faceI promise you I will learn from my mistakesTears stream down your face and I...
Lights will guide you homeAnd ignite your bonesAnd I will try to fix you.


Fix You (edit) by Coldplay on Grooveshark

3 Thinkers Pondered:

Vibhushan said...

"We are unique in who we are but probably not in what life does to us. Maybe life has very limited capabilities while we don't." Very interesting lines, and quite powerful also. They drive me into thinking of what all I can do with my unlimited capabilities as life takes me through it roller-coaster ride. I don't know if our problems are unique or not, but I am glad that the guys who have been through this haven't left many landmarks to follow, else how boring this life would have been.

May be there is something else, other than the uniqueness of problems, that stops us from asking help. As you say, it may be the concern for dear ones who would be pained to see us in pain, or may be the apprehension of being seen as weak in eyes of people who we think look up to us for support. It may be this fear that stops us from accepting that we are faltering and are at pain. May be life is all about striking this balance.

Nice post. Guess this thought will help me fix a few things at my end :)

Satish said...

It is really a tricky situation... whether to ask for help or deal with ourselves.That is where the confidence in our ability to deal with it is really tested........

Seeking for help may make you vunerable, but it also tests the real strength of the relationships...more often than out people chickening out....

But there is daylight after every night... and happiness after each suffering... that is what life is worth living for.....


P.S. - Curious to know why you have stopped responding to the comments....

Anupama said...

Hey Vibhushan,

Thanks for the comment and for taking the thought further.

Hey Satish,

I really liked the bit you mentioned about the strength of relationships being tested. Thanks for the comment as always.

Work's been crazy and its also been trying to keep me away from blogging. Just barely managed to get a few posts up but I hope to keep it up. Yet, each and every comment of yours is valued for its insight and the time you give to my blog. Even if I fail to respond at times that fact is a given. Thanks again for stopping by :)