Friday, March 13, 2009

Little Wing

It’s a beautiful day for me…

The first song I heard today was Love Story by Taylor Swift…on the radio, which, interestingly, is the last song I heard yesterday as I sang my way to the bed! Couldn’t have asked for a better start to the day and for a better indication that it’s a sign of good times to come : ) . So I spent my morning dancing with joy at the song and the sign!

After another bout of the good old writer’s block, I finished one post and a story at one go. I feel rejuvenated after having the ink flowing from my pen again (well, not literally…it is sad that the phrase does not apply in totality to me after the keyboard took over as I have always been a pen and paper person : ( ) …and this is the third straight piece of writing in the day…I can’t even believe it!

The radio was playing some good old favourites as I began to ride this morning and that pepped me up too. I took a slightly different route from the usual butterfly-filled one but the moment I came to the junction and turned left instead of right, a big beautiful black butterfly flew straight at me! And another similar one flew past later…not one but two good omens even after changing the route! And definitely a sign that life is going to change for the better sooner than I know : )

And that butterfly reminded me of the song Little Wing…Sometimes I feel like the song …especially this part – 'Butterflies and Zebras, and Moonbeams…and Fairytales…All she ever thinks about is riding with the wind…'

I just love the magic in those lines…and I love the cover of this song by the Corrs…

Now she's walking through the clouds
With a circus mind
That's running wild
Butterflies and zebras
And moonbeams and fairytales
All she ever thinks about is riding with the wind

When I'm sad she comes to me
With a thousand smiles
She gives to me, free
'It's alright, it's alright she says'
Take anything you want from me,
Anything...

Fly on Little Wing...

So today is my beautiful day…and I have a circus mind.

Today, I am walking through the clouds…I am ready to fly again…I am Little Wing.


The Corrs - Little Wing
Little Wing by The Corrs on Grooveshark

3 Thinkers Pondered:

deepocean said...

They say, the whole world looks beautiful when the heart is full of love. There is so much of joy in giving and here's the proof. :)

Satish said...

Hope the good omens keep on coming day after day!!!!!

I am a firm believer in enjoying and living the smallest of joys in life... however seldom seen anyone moved so much by the little things in life.Hope you keep enjoying these small moments, after all life is worth living because of them....

Vibhushan said...

Nice lines. Am sure it can actually turn a day like Friday, The 13th into a beautiful day.
Liked the "circus mind" concept. It has already set rolling a circus in my mind now :-)