Monday, March 16, 2009

From Weak To Willing Over The Weekend

I had a great weekend for more reasons than one. It was filled with all the things that give me joy - conversations, nature, music, the company of friends, people that matter. For the first time in a while I arrived to work on Monday feeling completely relaxed as opposed to strung out and lost and feeling like I was someone else.

I became myself again - remembered what it felt like to dream without any apprehensions again, to smile and sing out loud when my favourite song played on the radio, to smile through the day and feel happy because life is so good, to believe and trust that my lovely present can only lead to a more beautiful future and to have the patience and faith to wait for it...even if it means facing a few hard days and a few lonely nights...it is all part of the journey called life.

I heard the AT40 on Radio Indigo after a very long time with the intention of catching up on all the music I had missed. The surprise was when the top three songs were played and they were not only familiar but favourites as well! And the order was what I left me pondering...

#3 was Love Story by Taylor Swift...a song that rings with hope and sweetness that can kill. I have never been able to hear that song without smiling and knowing that it will happen to me too : )


Love Story by Taylor Swift/Taylor Swift on Grooveshark

#2 was Gotta Be Somebody by Nickelback. Again a song that reinstates what JD says in Scrubs - we are not meant to be by ourselves. It talks about not giving up and finding that diamond in the rough. It is one of my all time favourites and is in fact favourited on my Chrome toolbar : )


Gotta Be Somebody by Nickelback on Grooveshark

And #1 was You Found Me by The Fray. Although it is not a love song, the lines 'Lost and Insecure, you found me, you found me' always evoke a weird sensation in me. And I love the title You Found Me. The song has been sung straight from the heart and that is very evident while one listens to it. I really really like this one.


You Found Me by The Fray on Grooveshark

So there was hope and sweetness, and a reason why one should wait and then there was finding me. It is strange that the songs should be arranged in that logical order exactly at a time when I am picking myself up. It almost seems like an encoded message of some sort.

And I am Willing to believe it : )

3 Thinkers Pondered:

Satish said...

It is good that the good omens have continued and you are having a good time.

In the book, the Alchemist,the author says that the omens always convey a meaning...... hope there is something good waiting round the corner

Life takes a different meaning altogether when there is hope, and it makes it worth living for.......

One song which u need to listen which will lighten up people up often is .... Dil ka Bhawar......from the movie Tere Ghar ke Samne....

Vibhushan said...

Good to see you becoming yourself again. Wonder what all things life can throw at you that you stop being yourself!
I liked the "dreaming without apprehensions" thing. Don't know whether is it the reason for the new found hope, or is it vice-versa?
And yes, when these two combine, its indeed a sweet omen. Gulp it down at a go, so that you never stop being yourself again. :-)

Eveline said...

Aww... i love 'You Found Me'!! I live for songs like that... the lyrics get me every time. :)

It helps when you dont have to conform to any set living and u rid yourself of all inhibitions. Life doesn't get better than that!