Thursday, February 12, 2009

To Be Free

I have always believed that things in life happen for a reason. They always happen for the good. And you are sent things and people at the exact time when they should be sent for you. No sooner, no later. There is a reason why some incidents, people, things are part of your life no matter how unfair and nonsensical their presence seems at the time of their appearance.

It happens to me in terms of music too. I always find the right song at the right time. The songs always have the most apt lyrics and the best melody to make me feel better at any given time. The music is my companion at all times…until the laughter dies down and the smiles fade, through the frowns and till I’m able to smile again, and at all the times in between. Somehow the Universe always knows…and that makes me believe in it…it knows what it is sending my way and there is always a song waiting around the corner for me…it is more than just coincidence…

And like always I found this song yesterday coz they knew I’d need it today…It is my song today and it is holding my hand so I can lean on it…until the storm passes…

To Be Free by Emiliana Torrini.

Once in a house on a hill
A boy got angry
He broke into my heart

For a day and a night
I stayed beside him
Until I had no hope

So I came down the hill
Of course I was hurt
But then I started to think

It shouldn't hurt me to be free
It's what I really need
To pull myself together
But if it's so good being free
Would you mind telling me
Why I don't know what to do with myself

There's a bar by the dock
Where I found myself
Drinking with this man
He offered me a cigarette
And I accepted
'Cause it's been a very long time
As it burned 'till the end
I thought of the boy
No one could ever forget

It shouldn't hurt me to be free
It's what I really need
To pull myself together
But if it's so good being free
Would you mind telling me
Why I don't know what to do with myself

To pull myself together
But if it's so good being free
Would you mind telling me
Why I don't know what to do with myself

To pull myself together
But if it's so good being free
Would you mind telling me
Why I don't know what to do with myself

2 Thinkers Pondered:

jooray said...

So you can sing this already? :)

Anupama Kondayya said...

I have been singing it all morning :) ...lovely song and lyrics...